Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February Play Dough and Sensory Tub

When I saw these sensory tubs at 1+1+1=1 and Counting Coconuts
I knew Red was definitely going to be the theme for our Sensory tub!
I couldn't believe how many little red things I had!
(I still would like to add small filler/ pony beads.)


This has definitely been a winner in our house!

I also loved the idea, again from Counting Coconuts,
for Chocolate Scented Play Dough!
Yes!! It does smell yummy!

CHOCOLATE SCENTED PLAY DOUGH
Flour
Cocoa powder
Salt
Cream of tartar
Cooking oil
Boiling water
Mix 1 1/4 cups of flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 cup salt, 1/2
Tablespoon cream of tartar. Add 1 1/2 Tablespoons cooking oil, 1 cup
boiling water.
Stir quickly, mix well. Cook over low heat until dough forms a ball.
When cool, mix with your hands. Store in airtight container.

Recipe from here.

No comments: