Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A pear by any other name would taste as sweet...

Ok, so I'm not sure if I'm even using the title phrase right but it sounded cute! 
Once you see what this post is about...hopefully you will understand it!

Yesterday we had a pear tasting party! with Chocolate!

Pears were on sale and I bought 4 different kinds:
Bosc, Bartlett, Red Bartlett and D'Anjou.

Now I am no pear expert (don't tell the kids, they think I'm pretty smart), so we just observed the shape, size, inside, color and taste. (Think "compare-contrast" with a 4, 2, and 1 year old.) 

 They all have seeds, stem and "a line in the middle".
 You can't smell them from here!
 Different colors
 UNO got bored waiting to eat and a math lesson was borne!
 UNO and his pear
He liked the Bosc best.
 DOS said her favorite pear was "chocolate"!
Whoops...did I say that out loud? 
YES... we did end up eating our pears with some Dark Chocolate!
TRES and her pear

My favorite was the Red Bartlett!

What is your favorite pear?



1 comment:

gretchen w said...

I think you meant com-pear and contrast. :-P I think this was a great activity. We did it with "adventurous" fall fruits last year- Asian pear, persimmon, pomegranate etc. Definitely a lot of fun!