Saturday, October 30, 2010

Our "New" Anniversary Tradition

The best memories I have of my parents are of them celebrating their anniversary. They have been married for 43 years.

When we were little, my mom would put on her wedding dress every year on their anniversary day, October 7th. Throughout the years, sometimes it would zip and other years it wouldn't.  But so much excitement was built up in mind that someday I would wear my mom's wedding dress on my wedding day! (Unfortunately, my mom's dress was not preserved and turned yellowish.)

I remember her standing at the top of the stairs making her decent into the living room and into the kitchen to show everyone... her groom, her sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins and two little girls watching their mother transform into a beautiful princess!! It was magical!

This year Cookie Man And I celebrated our 5 year anniversary and it was the first time I put on my wedding dress since my groom took it off :) my wedding day!

 
Bridal Portrait

The best part was walking into the living room and DOS, who is 2 years old, looked at me with such joy in her eyes and announce that I was a "Beautiful Princess"!!  I am excited to share this anniversary tradition with my kids! I am even going to let the girls put it on each year!

 My wedding dress, shoes and veil!

 Me in my wedding dress at 17 weeks pregnant!
 DOS wearing the Princess Dress!

 TRES in the Princess Dress!
 
YES! These are my shoes!!
They are "Something 'Dodger' Blue"! 
The Los Angeles Dodgers are Cookie Man's Baseball Team

Here's hoping it will always lace!

3 comments:

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Oh my goodness! What a fantastic tradition! Wow--I sure wish I'd known about this all these 21 years that we've been married. I would have loved to do this. Great way to get use out of the wedding dress, too!

Katka's Creative Juices said...

Wow, I love that traditions, I may have to start something like that. Amazing.

William said...

Awesome idea! I'm going to have to start doing this too! I always look at that box and wonder if it will still fit and how it will look. What a great way to use the dress and have so many memories!